Banite Municipality and Schio Municipality implement best European practices for ЕЕ improvement and RES utilization (Banite Municipality, Smolyan Region)
Project website: www.banite-schio.eu
Project duration: 12 months
The objective ofthe project has been to increase the competitiveness of the region and to ensure long-term sustainability of Banite through knowledge transfer and best European practices in the field of energy efficiency and deployment of renewable energy sources. To achieve this objective, the project has provided a set of soft measures, which have built a fruitful collaboration with the Italian municipality Skioni and strengthen the institutional capacity of the municipality. The priority area of the project has dealt with the efficient use of energy resources.
The project has stipulated the realisation of the following activities:
- Development of a database “Energy Consumption and Energy Efficiency” – an open platform for online database including all municipal buildings and small and medium enterprises in the municipality bathrooms, interested
- Comprehensive survey of three office buildings in Banite Municipality
- Organizing and conducting of conference “Energy of Nature” in Banite Municipality
- Development of methodological manuals for energy management for municipalities; for SMEs and for schools
- Organizing and conducting of roundtable “Sustainable Energy” in Schio, Italy
- Training: “Energy efficient enterprise” – a training course for representatives of small and medium enterprises; “Sustainable Energy” – a training course for representatives of local administration units of energy management; “Green Classroom” – aimed at training students in school.
- Organizing and conducting of “Days of natural energy” in Banite Municipality
- Banite Municipality – Bulgaria
- Schio Municipality – Italy